GDS 45 - Web Design - Online
Spring 2020- Section 30940
- Check due dates on the calendar in Canvas
- The course is here in Canvas:
- If you have general questions, ask them in the discussion forum in Canvas.
- Here is a direct link to the Learning Web Design book on Safari Books.
- All book related files can be downloaded from http://www.learningwebdesign.com/
- Here is a direct link to the The Principles of Beautiful Web Design book on Safari Books.
- Here is a link to the help files for many versions of Photoshop.
Jan. 27 - Week 1 Instructions:
- Download the syllabus in Canvas from the class home page near the top if you don't have it.
- Watch the video orientation. The current syllabus will be slightly different from the one in the video.
- If they are not linked on this page, most of the videos are also listed on the video tutorials page here.
- Note: The video mentions a different price for Photoshop than the current price of $39.99 a semester at http://store.collegebuys.org/. See below for details.
Post in the "Introductions" discussion forum in Canvas. Give a short introduction to yourself, and about your expectations for the class. You can find the discussion forum under the Discussions link on the left or the Content Links module. I will check this to verify you are in the class. Make sure to reply to the post as soon as possible to avoid being dropped.
- Adobe software like Photoshop and Lightroom is also available in the Academic Support Center on Campus. Check their web site for current hours. http://missioncollege.edu/depts/academic_support/
http://validator.w3.org/. Click on Validate File by Upload near the top, then click the browse button, locate your file, and submit. It will point out some coding errors, if you have any. Another thing to do is to view the code source in Firefox(PC:control-U/Mac:command-u). Mistakes will often show up there in red text. After correcting any mistakes, submit your final files. Drop the file in the Assignment 1 drop box in Canvas in the weekly module. Include your name in the file name as in firstname_lastname_page1.htm. Have fun! Check the calendar for due dates.